So, I just realized that my birthday is in like 9 days (the 23rd), and is it sad that I am not really excited about it? Like I get that when you are younger it is a huge deal – celebrating, and the like. But I have noticed that as I get older, I really do not want to do anything for my birthday.
And I know some people who just don’t seem to understand this – I would MUCH rather have a low key birthday than go out and celebrate, only because celebrating to them means loud places with lots of people, both of which I do not get, and like. I do not handle loud places well and I get overwhelmed with too many people.
Plus I do not have a lot of spare cash, and so low-key fits that so much better! *shrug* Plus most of who want to see me, are in my school town, and I will be at home for the holiday – Thanksgiving – as my birthday falls the day after Thanksgiving…. sooo yeah… >.< And then NaNoWriMo is this month too – although having passed the 50k word goal in the dust ages ago – passed it a week ago – I guess it’s just writing and finishing my novel – I am aiming for 100k — at 70k at the moment, but we’ll see how that goes. 🙂
Anyways, yeah, I don’t honestly get the big hype that birthday parties are – mainly because the last few parties I have attempted to throw flopped badly, so I kinda have given up for the time being with throwing them. I am sick if people deciding that they can not come like the day before…. blah… anyways, so yeah — that may be another reason I am against celebrating – well not against celebrating, mainly just having parties. If that makes any sense?
Honestly, I wish that people would understand that when I say that I am not really one to want to have a party – that does not mean that I do not want to celebrate, but also when I say that I am busy, and really can not take too much time off to hang out to celebrate – understand that it doesn’t mean that I do not love you, I do — I just have a crazy life right now. >.<
Anyways, I think I need to either go and focus on getting some of my homework done – or writing letters – I have letters to write for Soldiers’ Angels. Or just spacing our or Noveling. We’ll see how this goes.
Although Torchwood sounds more interesting at the moment *shakes fist* BARROWMAN! ❤
Oh, also, I want to do 14 things I am thankful for – given that it is the 14th:
I AM THANKFUL FOR (in no particular order):
1) My parents – they are so supportive of me, and willing to help me out with whatever I chose to do with my life. ❤
2) The opportunity to get an education.
3) All of the colours that are on campus right now – beautiful
4) My NaNo Buddies – who make writing fun
5) My friends – You all are amazing, never forget that
6) Those who I know who are accepting of everyone – you all make it easier for me to just be myself.
7) Teachers who make learning fun! ❤
8) My imagination – without it I think the world would be a boring place
9) Traveling – even though I have not done much of this, I love it
10) My brother – keep following your dreams, I am so proud of you!
11) ASL – and how I have found where I am meant to go with my life
12) Rainbow Alliance – And accepting me in, even though I am a strange one, who sometimes doesn’t feel like being super social.
13) Giggles and laughter – because without the world would be boring without these
14) Music – because that to helps keep the world a happy place, without music, life would be dull
So, there y’all go! ❤
Hope that you all are doing well!